This morning the Chamber leadership led Chamber President Mr. Richard Ngatia and Chief Executive Officer Mr. Samuel Matonda had a meeting with the Honorary Consul for the Consulate of the Republic of Kenya in Hellenic Republic Ms. Vicky Pantazopoulou and Head of the Hellenic-Kenyan Chamber Mr. Charles Wako.
The Hellenic-Kenyan Chamber is seeking to have a business delegation to Greece in September 2021.The trade mission should focus of the following sectors;
- Construction; Construction will focus on affordable housing in line with the big4 agenda.
The Chamber President stated that it is important to include the Agriculture sector, which is contributes to a large share of exports to Greece and also Tourism with Greece being one of the World’s best tourism destination.
It was proposed that the two chambers will be involved in joint activities for the Expo Dubai 2020 and healthcare programs that can go a long way in dealing with the current Covid-19 menace.
The MOU signed between the two chambers provides as follows;
- To develop within their power the above-stated relations between the aforementioned countries at the highest possible level.
- To inform, advise and support their members in the promotion of their business plans in the aforementioned countries.
- To be achieved, through their co-operation, the highest possible degree of co-operation, friendship and mutual understanding between the aforementioned countries, not only in business level, but also in governmental as well as in private and public sectors, in all the above-stated fields.
- To organize activities from and to the aforementioned countries on the basis of a pre-agreed three-year action plan. Indicatively and not restrictively, these actions may be: organization of general or sectorial business missions, participation in international or national exhibitions and fairs, organization of workshops, seminars, conferences, issue of anniversary or other special publications.
- To exchange information, know-how and experience on existing and emerging opportunities in the above-stated fields in the aforementioned countries.
- To submit to the public authorities and bodies of the public and private sectors of the aforementioned countries proposals and documented studies on the above-stated fields, aiming to develop the above relations and to eliminate any misunderstandings that might slow down these relations.
- To organize meetings of the representatives of the above Chambers at least once a year, alternately at the seat of each body, unless otherwise agreed.
Leave A Comment