This morning a delegation led by Dr. Mijung Lee, Head of Center, Global Procurement Research Center at the Korea Institute of Procurement, Mr. Juyong Kim, Founder of SDG YOUTH, Kyoung Taek Lim, Team Leader of Domestic Sales Department of Mico BioMed, Mr. Harry Moon, Mico BioMed and Mr. Timothy Gachucha, Country Representative, SDG Youth Kenya paid a courtesy visit to the KNCCI leadership. The purpose of the visit was to deliberate on;
- Support for sustainable agricultural ecosystems that enhance food security and nutrition through adoption of modern agricultural technologies in:
- Initiating a pilot program on Insect Based Feeds with support from KIP which will focus on the production of nutritious human-safe foods, animal feeds and organic fertilizer for the local and regional markets.
- Nutritious relief foods that can be positioned in the market leveraging on comparative market entry strategies in government, private sector and development agencies.
- To connect K-Health through partnerships that support the healthcare sector through the establishment of local manufacturing companies for disease control, health equipment and devices.
- To develop a proposal on e-procurement for Access to Government Procurement Opportunities through leveraging on the provision of technical expertise by KIP.
- To forge strategic business and trade partnerships through leveraging on opportunities between Korea and Kenya by co-creation of projects that leverage on financing options available through oversees development finance models.