KNCCI REGIONAL TRADE CONFERENCE IN THE DRC
The Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KNCCI), in collaboration with the East African Chamber of Commerce Industry and Agriculture (EACCIA) and the ICGLR Private Sector Forum are organising a regional trade conference and B2B sessions in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo from 10th to 14th July 2022.
The trade conference will provide a platform for business networking, exchange of trade opportunities and market information. The B2B sessions will facilitate business matchmaking and networking. In addition, delegates will get an opportunity to visit key companies and factories in the DRC for learning and benchmarking.
The aim of the Trade visit is to promote intra-Africa trade and investment with the onset of the Africa Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA). The visit will also accord an opportunity to explore investment opportunities in the DRC, being the newest member State of the East African Community (EAC).The Trade Mission will include a regional economic conference, targeted B2Bs, company site visits and excursions.
- Financial Sector (with banks like Equity Bank having successfully set up in DRC)
- Innovation, Fintech and technology (Expansion of mobile payments such as MPESA into DRC)
- Manufacturing – Export of value added products such as wood, cement and medical equipment among others
- Mining – DRC is blessed with precious minerals such as cobalt, gold, diamond, mineral fuel, tin, and copper that are vital raw materials for manufacturing and automobile sectors in Kenya.
- Energy – Solar, geothermal and natural gas
- Exchange of skills and professional labour such as mining engineers from kenya
- Agriculture – (local value addition for coffee, meat, cereals, fruits and fish processing and cooling plants) – set up food products processing industry
- Tourism and Hospitality- (value addition on beach tourism, resort cities and water sports, development of modern conference facilities, recreational facilities and also a partner in the international hotel chain.)
- Fashion and textiles industry – Kenya imports fabric and clothing from DRC
For more Information Click here
Leave A Comment