Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KNCCI) and The Sustainable Development Goals Kenya Forum (SDG Kenya Forum) are in a partnership that will empower women economically on gender equality and promote Sustainable development goals, especially Gender Equality and Women Economic Empowerment.
The primary objective of SDGs Kenya Forum is to influence multi-stakeholder policies and actions for the achievement of the SDGs in Kenya and represent the interests of its Persons of Concern and advocate for an enabling environment that will allow them to participate actively in economic activities of the host country.
The Parties have agreed to enter into this MOU to promote mutual cooperation and collaboration for the expansion of relations between their members, partners and persons of concern, with specific emphasis on new business and investment opportunities, business partnerships in events that either Party needs to participate in, building capacities in all sectors of doing business for KNCCI private sector members and Persons of Concern, market access opportunities, information sharing and any other relevant business platforms;
The collaboration between Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KNCCI) and The Sustainable Development Goals Kenya Forum (SDG Kenya Forum) will ensure that both parties;
- Undertake gender responsive budget capacity building in the counties of operation.
- Undertake capacity enhancement on various aspects of Women economic empowerment, develop and disseminate information materials to members within the counties of operations.
- The SDGs Forum shall identify/mobilize and bring on board Chambers to register informal women groups to promote access business funds and related opportunities within and without KNCCI.
- The SDGs Kenya Forum shall work to include Chambers of Commerce to The SDGs Multiagency Committee
- KNCCI and SDGs Kenya Forum shall Collaborate on Gender County Awards and promote Gender and Women economic empowerment at the County
- The SDGs Kenya Forum and KNCCI shall jointly promote data use and advocacy for Women Economic Empowerment
- The SDGs Kenya Forum and KNCCI shall jointly hold business/ Women Economic empowerment Expos/Exhibitions and profile women leading in the sector at county level, document and disseminate best practices.
- KNCCI and SDGs Kenya Forum shall jointly undertake research on women economic empowerment and share the same with counties and another sector player.
- SDGs Kenya Forum and KNCCI shall jointly create awareness on Gender based Violence/sexual harassment within counties of operation.
- The SGDs Kenya Forum and Chambers of Commerce shall jointly fundraise to promote women economic empowerment within counties/regions where women and persons living with disabilities have been left behind.