This morning the Chamber President Dr. Erick Rutto hosted the Principal Secretary for the State Department of Industry in the Ministry of Investments, Trade, and Industry (MITI) Dr Juma Mukhwana .The focal point of discussion was the creation of a positive business environment in Kenya
Key Discussion Points
- Tax Policy Review
Comprehensive discussion on revising tax policies to support business growth.
Emphasis on creating a tax environment that is conducive to investment and enterprise development.
- Focusing on Kenya’s Comparative Advantage
Identifying and capitalizing on sectors where Kenya has a competitive edge in the global market. Strategies to leverage these advantages for economic growth and international trade.
- Improving the Manufacturing Sector
Recognizing the critical role of the manufacturing sector in Kenya’s economy. Discussing initiatives to modernize and enhance this sector, including technology adoption, infrastructure improvement, and workforce development.
Outcomes and Commitments
- Agreement on reviewing and restructuring tax regulations to support business and investment.
- Development of a strategic plan to identify and promote sectors where Kenya holds a comparative advantage.
- Commitment to focus on the growth and modernization of the manufacturing sector as a key driver of economic development.